In case you experience signaling problems, no or one-sided speech comprehension or poor connection/voice quality when using the softphone function, please proceed as follows to analyze the softphone behavior:
Check version status
Check if all components of your system have the current version of your release. Perform an update if necessary: https://www.estos.com/service/download
Check if one of the following articles can help:
- Overview SIP telephone systems for ProCall Softphone – compatibility list
- Interesting facts about STUN/TURN for the use of audio/video and softphone with ProCall Enterprise
- Best Practice: UCServer für ProCall Mobile Apps einrichten
- Fehlermeldung "Zeitüberschreitung beim Verbindungsaufbau"
- Optimize ProCall Enterprise real-time communications in the Citrix environment
- Wie kann ich Audiogeräte und Videogeräte für ProCall auswählen und testen?
- No dial signal/busy tone for softphone
- Call forwarding for softphone is not displayed on the client
- Call forwarding for softphone is not set in the telephone system
Another source of information can be the following article:
Preparation of the analysis
For analysis, you need the following information and data.
Description of executed actions and observed behavior and date/time of actions
Example: "Poor voice quality" is not sufficient!
Better: "In the first 10 seconds of an accepted incoming call from the phone number +49 (8151) xxx56-2444 on the smartphone (time 25.09.2020 at 09:31 am) the caller sounds choppy."
- Debug Logs from UCServer: Create a debug log for UCServer
- Debug Logs of all affected clients
- ProCall Client for Windows: Creation of a debug log for ProCall client
- ProCall Mobile App: Fehleranalyse: Erzeugen eines Debug-Logs der ProCall Mobile App
- Wireshark Trace (https://www.wireshark.org/download.html) of network traffic on the UCServer
Performing the analysis
- The debug logs are limited to the date/time (5min before/after).
- Comparing the information in the debug logs with the described actions and observed behavior.
- If the point in the debug log has been found and the information does not allow any conclusions, the analysis of the Wireshark trace begins.
- Verification of the network traffic in the Wireshark Trace by date/time to further narrow down the events.
What further details and data are required for analysis by estos?
- Network topology of the environment
- IP addresses
- WLAN routers, network routers and firewalls
- Computers and virtual machines with details of the software and operating systems used
- Version information of the estos software components used
- Used PBX with firmware version
- files with a description as an attachment
In special cases, our support will request additional data if necessary.
Please provide us with all information so that we can help you efficiently and promptly and avoid further inquiries.