For technical support from estos Support, we need a substantial amount of background information to process the tickets.
Each support case is treated individually and requires time and attention. This guide is therefore intended as basic instructions on how to proceed when creating a ticket to estos Support.
Before creating a ticket
Use the estos support portal at support.estos.de to check whether any of the articles contained there can help you with your observation/analysis.
Where can you create a ticket?
Create a ticket for technical support for processing by estos Support here:
- Details of the estos products used along with version information.
- For how long has the observation occurred (was there an update etc. change of settings)?
- How does the observation manifest itself and where does it occur? (screenshot or video).
- What is your expectation of the function used?
Example: "Poor voice quality" is not sufficient!
Better: "In the first 10 seconds of an accepted incoming call from the phone number +49 (8151) xxx56-2444 on the smartphone app (time 09/25/2020 at 09:31), the caller sounds choppy."
More specific information depending on the topic
- Information about the system environment (server and client operating systems, virus scanner and firewall, network plan, etc.).
- Telephone system with version information.
- Information on other software products that are related to the reported observation
- Headset (for softphone)
Please provide us with all the information, so we can help you efficiently and promptly and avoid queries.
Additional log files
In most cases, log files are additionally required for analysis. Depending on the topic, we may need appropriate files.
Here are a few general examples:
|Ticket subject:||Required log files:|
|ECSTA/TAPI Telephony (CTI)||ECSTA (If available), UCServer, affected clients (Windows and/or App)|
|Softphone, audio/video chat||UCServer, affected clients (Windows and/or App), Create PCAP record file/trace for UCServer|
|Behaviors that appear within the client||ProCall client|
|Chat and journal||UCServer, affected clients (Windows and/or App)|
|Contact search||MetaDirectory, affected clients (Windows and/or App)|
|ProCall Meetings||ProCall Meetings and UCServer|
In special cases, our support will request additional data if necessary.
If the log files exceed 20MB in size, please refer to the following article: FTP upload of debug logs and dumps.
We need feedback as soon as the files are uploaded. For the assignment to this ticket, we need the names of the transferred files.
Log files can only be examined if they are complete and meaningful anchor points are available. Therefore, always provide the following additional information:
- When did a fault occur (timestamp with date and time, at least to the minute)?
- Which internal extensions were involved?
- Which external participants were involved?
- The sequence of the workflow, which led to an error