Online licensing ProCall 8 Enterprise
20 October 2022
Version info: ProCall 8 Enterprise
From ProCall 8 Enterprise 8.0 onwards, licenses are no longer managed in the UCServer, but together with software maintenance contracts such as SPV and SA in the UCConnect portal.
For this online licensing you need:
- a UCConnect account
- a permanently stable internet connection from UCServer to UCConnect
see System requirements
Create UCConnect account or log in to UCConnect
Via your UCConnect account you can
- Manage ProCall 8 Enterprise licenses and software maintenance contracts
- Activating and setting up services via UCConnect e.g. Mobility Services or Voice Services
In the UCConnect Server administration, you can add licenses for ProCall 8 Enterprise or request trial licenses.
After adding a ProCall 8 Enterprise license, the license key is displayed with details of the software maintenance contract.
Special features for extension licenses/upgrade from ProCall 7 Enterprise to ProCall 8 Enterprise
- If extension licenses are added, they are displayed separately (without separate information on the SPV , the terms of the basic license apply).
- When upgrading from ProCall 7 Enterprise to ProCall 8 Enterprise with a completed SA, this is valid as an SPV until the end of the term and is displayed in UCConnect. Since this ends automatically, a new SPV must be actively concluded.
- ProCall 8 Enterprise licenses cannot be imported into earlier ProCall Enterprise versions.
UCConnect server account: Server ID with ServerID and password
For the installation of the UCServer, the UCConnect ServerID and the corresponding password are required to establish a connection between the UCConnect server account and the UCServer. These details can be found in the UCConnect server account in the "Server ID" area.
Installation and setup
Set up connection between UCServer and UCConnect
The UCServer needs a connection to UCConnect to check the licenses.
To do this, enter the ServerID with the corresponding password in the estos UCServer setup, as entered in the UCConnect server account under Server ID.
Example screenshot: UCServer Setup – Connect to UCConnect – Enter ServerID and password
If the account and license in UCConnect are correct, the UCServer connects to UCConnect with a positive response.
In case of an incorrect entry, or incorrect license in UCConnet, "Registration failed" appears. Please then check your entries.
Continue to run the setup.
The licenses entered are then displayed in the UCServer administration.
- ProCall 8 Enterprise licenses cannot be imported into earlier ProCall Enterprise versions
- Updates and upgrades are only possible with a running SPV/SA
Retailer account in the UCConnect portal
Frequently asked questions and answers about the software maintenance agreement