ProCall Meetings 1.0.2 was released on as Maintenance Release for the field test.
ProCall Meetings 1.0.3
New features and highlights
- Within a meeting there is a possibility to activate a new mode for viewing the meeting participants: Conversation View.
In this mode, a ProCall Meetings user is always shown a maximum of 2 participants who have just or last talked. You are never shown as talking for yourself, but for others you are.
The setting for this can be found in the right margin within a meeting. There you can also switch back to the grid view again.
- There is a dark/bright or mixed mode for the home area and within a meeting (home area: bright, meeting: dark). This can be accessed via the settings.
In a meeting, the bottom bar has been given a clearer presentation:
Right side bar
- Share link to this meeting
- Connection status
Linke Side Bar
- List of participants
Bottom bar center
- Screen sharing
- Leave meeting
In addition, the camera and microphone icons (arrows) can now be used to change the devices directly, without having to switch to the settings menu.
- Users can now use a data-saving mode if the mobile or internet plan for data usage is limited or there are resource bottlenecks in general. No more video streams are transmitted in this case.
When entering a meeting room, the option can be selected via a dropdown menu.
In the settings in a meeting room there is now the possibility to make advanced settings:
- The pre-meeting setting "Save settings and join the meeting directly next time" can now be undone.
- Show mute notification when microphone is disabled.
- In the Home area after logging in, you can reach a settings menu in the upper right corner via your avatar, where you can make device-independent settings.
If a meeting room is to be assigned a PIN, a 6-digit PIN is now automatically created by clicking on the PIN checkbox. In addition, the user receives a message if a manual PIN does not meet the requirements.
- If you share your screen, the toolbar can be configured so that you don't see your own screen sharing, but the other participants do.
- The "After Meeting" screen has been changed according to the user status (Guest, ProCall User without license and ProCall User with ProCall Meetings license). Also, users can rate ProCall Meetings in a modified way.
- Improvements have been made to the handling of simulcast streams to better address available resources on the client system (CPU/bandwidth).
- Improvements have been made to the logic of the Conversation View.
- Added a button for reactions in the Chat area.
- Improvements have been made to the detection of newly added devices.
- The content of error messages should be more understandable for the user.
- Further improvements have been made to the Conversation View.
Changed some wording and translations in the web app:
- ADD TO CALENDAR -> SELECT APPOINTMENT
- COPY MEETING INVITATION -> COPY INVITATION
- Add meeting to your calendar -> Set appointment
- COPY INVITATION LINK -> COPY INVITATION
- EINLADUNGSLINK HERUNTERLADEN -> KALENDER-EINTRAG ERSTELLEN
- The simulcast layers are visible in debug mode.
- A snack bar with matching text is displayed as confirmation when a new meeting room is created or deleted.
- Improvements have been made to Texchat: Coloring, differentiation of contacts, notification.
- Authentication to the TURN servers is no longer static but dynamic.
- Added a failsafe for STUN.
- It has been verified that ProCall Meetings will also work with OEM UCServers in the future.
- Fixed a bug that sometimes no video stream was displayed in the Conversation View.
- Fixed an issue where some fields were not completely visible in the login area on mobile devices, making login more difficult.
- A logout error has been fixed.
- Fixed an issue where a meeting could not be joined in the Firefox browser due to device initialization issues.
- Fixed a problem with multiple connected cameras when saving settings.
- Fixed an issue where a user was logged in for only 5 minutes.
- Fixed an issue where the microphone stopped working when you selected it and it became unavailable at the next meeting.
- Fixed an issue with TURN authentication.
- Fixed several minor layout bugs in the web app.
- Fixed an issue that when maximizing a screen sharing window, the window was not maximized completely.
- Screen sharing is again transmitted at 5 FPS (frames per second).
- Fixed an issue with the output device test sound not playing sound.
- Fixed a design bug when the PIN meeting option was selected that the associated icon would slip and overlap on small screens.
- If a ProCall user tries to log in with an incorrect UCConnect ID, the error messages have been made more user-friendly.
- Fixed an issue where attendees were not displayed when these new attendees joined a meeting during a screen share,
- Fixed an issue that in special scenarios the microphone was not muted despite mute status.
- An error has been fixed that caused the authentication of ProCall meetings against the UCServer to fail. Thus, a presence determination is possible again without restrictions.
- Fixed a bug where the camera would continue to be blocked from ProCall Meetings after a meeting until the Feedback Dialog tab was closed.
Known problems and limitations
ProCall Meetings known problems and limitations →