This article explains how to connect Herold's phone directories as a phone book data source to ProCall and MetaDirectory.
Connection to MetaDirectory
- First, the Herold DVD-API version has to be installed (please let the setup copy the data to your hard disk).
- In MetaDirectory Administrator, under Phonebooks, check 'Use Herold'.
- Enter the installation path, if it is not recognized automatically.
- Entering the license information.
Local connection to the ProCall Client
- First the Herold DVD-API version has to be installed (please let the data be copied to the hard disk during setup).
- In the settings under Search -> Data Sources add the phone book data source 'Herold Telefonverzeichnis' or 'Herold Gelbe Seiten'.
- Set the installation path and accept the data source.
Notes on using the Herold telephone directories
- To connect Herold to MetaDirectory or a ProCall Client you always need the Herold DVD-API Edition with API license.
- Generally, all ProCall workstations must be licensed (at least ten licenses).
- After expiration of the API subscription after one year, the phone book function is no longer available, the subscription must be renewed in time in order not to lose the function.
- Access to the "Herold" phonebook is via the library pbapi.dll, which is installed with the estos setup.
- The installation path is normally determined automatically, if this is not possible, the path can be set manually.