Brief instructions on the main functions of the ProCall Mobile App and how to use it.
ProCall Mobile Versions
As of ProCall 7 Enterprise, there is no longer a difference in the version designation for the mobile apps for iOS and Android. The range of functions depends on the underlying ProCall Enterprise version.
Connected on the move with ProCall
As a ProCall 7 Enterprise user, the ProCall Mobile App allows you to combine the information, device and communication options on the mobile device (smartphone/tablet) with the information, device and communication options of ProCall 7 Enterprise at the workplace while on the move.
To perform communication actions or display contacts, the ProCall Mobile app requires access to e.g. camera, contacts, microphone, phone, memory.
Depending on the administrative setup with the access data
- ProCall Enterprise user data
- Login data for the connection to UCServer
- UCConnectID (activate UCConnect)
Access data can be obtained from your administrator.
For first-time registration
First switch to the "Me-area", there you can make settings for presence, notifications and lines.
The ProCall Mobile App is available in different languages. The language depends on the operating system of the device (smartphone/tablet) on which the app is installed.
Do not miss anything: Notifications
Notifications, so-called push messages, can be activated/deactivated in the "Me-area".
- New chats (TextChat, audio/video chats)
- Missed chats (TextChat, audio/video chats)
- Missed calls
Notifications can only be activated if the "Push" policy has been agreed. This may have to be done from the administrative side.
- Add/delete contact
- Add to favorites/delete from favorites
- Change group membership
- Assign contact to multiple groups
- Change permissions
- Send contact details
- Transfer contact details to address book
via ProCall Client for Microsoft Windows
Contacts with whom you have recently communicated
Contact details or the result of a search offer you additional information about the contact, such as:
- Address data
- Phone numbers
- Upcoming appointments
- E-mail address
- IM address
- Data source
- Group assignment
- Authorization level
- In all available contact databases
- Search results sorted by data source
- Search in data sources
- Enter manually
- Send authorization request (federation)
Presence status of contacts
The presence status is created or manually set according to defined rules, e.g. via telephony services or calendar entries.
Busy/In a call/In an appointment
Do not disturb
Information on line/line display
Call forwarding active
Call protection active
Further information about the contact
Registered via ProCall Mobile App
Information about dates/calendar entries
Information on status
The selection depends on the available lines/devices and permissions.
- Select line/device
- Use softphone
- Start call (via standard line)
- Use keypad/DTMF dial (enter number manually)
Here you can see the chat history and start a text chat with your contacts.
The chat can be started either via the contact details, the journal or via chats.
Besides plain text messages, emojis can also be used.
And you can share content and send files by using the paperclip symbol 📎.
Message has been sent. Message has been delivered.
Message has been read/opened.
- Start text chat to multiple participants (group chat)
- View contact details
- Share content: Send documents/photos/videos in chat
- Save as...
- Search for chats with specific text content
- Overview of communication activities
- Phone calls
- Contact persons
Overview of your communication activities
- Incoming/outgoing (inbound/outbound)
- Successful/ missed
- Date and time
- Call duration/duration of the call
From the call log
- Mark entry as edited/unedited
- Open contact details
- Select and start communication type
- Delete journal entry
- Dial number/show keypad (DTMF)
- Filter display by Show all/unprocessed
- Mark all as processed
- Set/delete presence
- Use presence profiles (which are set up on the ProCall Client for Windows)
- Set/delete note
- Manage lines
- Manage notifications
- Send feedback to the manufacturer (log file)
- License notes
- Version of Mobile App and UCServer
- End app/Logout
Change presence status
The presence status is formed according to defined rules, e.g. via telephony services, upcoming appointments or it can be set manually. Your contacts see your presence status and your note (depending on the permissions granted).
A note/out-of-office message can be set to comment on your presence status.
If the presence status is changed, make sure to delete or update any out-of-office note accordingly.
- Define standard line
- Set/remove call forwarding
- Call protection (Do not disturb) on/off
- Remote Office on/off
- Rename smartphone line
- Start call
- Use softphone
- Start AudioChat
- Start VideoChat
- End call
- Activate Android ConnectionService
(only for Android devices)
- Add call account (recommended)
- Delete call account via device settings
- Depending on the configuration, device options and permissions
- Start with the set standard line
- Other lines/devices selectable
- Microphone on/off (mute)
- Speaker on/off "Speak freely"
- Rotate camera
- Communication actions
You can choose, depends on configuration and authorization.
- With internal or federation contact
- Callers must have the appropriate technical equipment available (e.g. headset, camera, microphone)
- Requirement: Authorization to use audio/video
- Range of functions depending on the supported functions of the telephone system
- Requirement: Authorization to use softphone/assigned lines
Control desk telephone
- Control the line that is assigned to a desk phone ("system phone", "work phone") and to the user (depending on the supported functions of the telephone system)
- Communication device is not the mobile device, but the telephone device connected to the telephone system, for example, a headset
- Signaling of incoming calls, if the mobile app is open in the foreground and the mobile device is not locked
- Requirement: assigned line
Requirements for successful connections
Requirements for successful connections
Active login and connection to UCConnect or UCServer (LAN, WLAN, Internet).
The availability of functions depends, among other things, on the system environment, configuration, ProCall version, device options and permissions granted.